MIXING – Make the song what it’s meant to be.
A great mix is the difference between someone telling you a story and you overhearing part of it from another room.
Here are some folk-pop and acoustic tracks I recently produced, recorded, mixed, arranged and played on.
And a few rock songs I recorded, mixed and mastered.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- A FOCUSED LISTENING SESSION to assess the song, identify the most important elements and create a plan for the mix.
- OPTIMUM GAIN STAGING for maximum headroom and minimum noise.
- EQ to give each element warmth, clarity and its own place in the mix.
- MUSICAL COMPRESSION to bring out the energy and glue the tracks together.
- Tasteful use of EFFECTS (reverb, delay, etc…) to give the song the right character.
- AUTOMATION and SWEETENING so the mix is compelling from start to finish.
- A RADIO-READY MIX
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- PITCH CORRECTION
- COMPING OF MULTIPLE TAKES
- DRUM EDITING and TIGHTENING – I do offer editing services. If you have tracks that could use some treatment, see the EDITING section below.
- The first mix I send you may be just right, and often it will be. If it’s not, I’m happy to do up to 3 revisions so you get exactly what you want.
A COUPLE NOTES
- Please deliver all tracks to be mixed at once. I work in batches. The result is that you get your tracks faster.
- I also prefer to mix alone. It may seem strange for you not to be there, but you will get a better mix quicker.
$200 per song