Make the song what it’s meant to be.
A great mix is so important in conveying the emotion of the song. It can make all the difference.
Here are some recent mixes I’ve done.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- A FOCUSED LISTENING SESSION to assess the song, identify the most important elements and create a plan for the mix.
- OPTIMUM GAIN STAGING for maximum headroom and minimum noise.
- EQ to give each element warmth, clarity and its own place in the mix.
- MUSICAL COMPRESSION to bring out the energy and glue the tracks together.
- Tasteful use of EFFECTS (reverb, delay, etc…) to give the song the right character.
- AUTOMATION and SWEETENING so the mix is compelling from start to finish.
- A RADIO-READY MIX
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- PITCH CORRECTION
- COMPING OF MULTIPLE TAKES
- DRUM EDITING and TIGHTENING
I do offer all of these services at $50 per hour.
- The first mix I send you may be just right, and often it will be. If it’s not, I’m happy to do up to 3 revisions so you get exactly what you want.
HOW TO TRANSFER TRACKS TO ME
- I prefer Dropbox, but WeTransfer.com and YouSendIt.com work as well. If you’re in Portland, you can also bring your tracks in on a hard drive.
- Please send me all the songs to be mixed at the same time. I work in batches so you get your tracks faster.
- Label all the tracks clearly and put all of the tracks for any one song in an individual folder. Name the song folder “Artist Name: Song Name: Song Meter: BPM.”
- Make sure that all the files for each song begin at the same point so I can drag all of them to the beginning of the session and have everything lined up correctly.
$50/hr up to $300/song ($150 deposit)
For all of my available services, check out the Rates & Services page.